THE 406 VOICE 2019 Rules & Regulations:
1. Become 21 years of age on or before March 4th, 2019. Local, State, and Federal laws supersede these rules where persons under the age of 21 are permitted to enter businesses or locations governed by Local, State or Federal laws.
2. Persons who entertain vocally are not allowed to compete. Including those who belong to any professional organization connected with the entertainment industry; including singing in a band. This is a strictly amateur event.
3. Any person may enter the contest that belongs to an Organized Labor Union connected with the entertainment industry as long as that person is not disqualified by rule #2.
4. Contestants MAY NOT use live props. This will include backup singers, dancers, and/or animals. Non human props such as costumes and other accessories are permitted. Musical instruments may be used as props, but are not allowed to use in accompaniment to the contestants’ performance. Such musical instruments must be hand carried. Larger instruments/ props that utilize the aid of others to come up on stage, or are difficult to handle will NOT be permitted. An example of this type of instrument is a piano, harp, etc. Any prop used by a contestant must be carried into the stage area by the contestant, and must be completed in one trip on and off the stage. The non-use of live props will include the passing of flowers or other items to anyone, touching hands of audience member or any other similar act.
5. Contestants may not use their own discs and must use venues discs. THE 406 VOICE will do our best to acquire any song needed.
6. Song time limit is about 6 minutes. Songs going over the 6 minute time limit are subject to be cut off. Judges will be instructed not to deduct points for the song being cut off.
7. Contestants may sing the same song as another contestant.
8. Songs containing vulgar or explicit sex lyrics will not be allowed. Contestants who, during their performance, use vulgar lyrics or perform in an obscene manner will be disqualified from any THE 406 VOICE Competition.
9. On Qualifying nights, contestants will sing one judged song. If at the end of that song there is a tie, the contestants who tied will sing another judged song. (Not the same song as the 1st Round) Should this method not work the judges will collaborate to decide the top 2 winners of the evening. The top 2 singers from each qualifying night will move to the Semi-Final on April 4th, 2019 at The VFW Whitefish. The top 2 singers from the Semi-finals will advance to the Grand Finale on April 20th, 2019 at The Red Lion Hotel Grand Ballroom.
10. A contestant may enter as many qualifying nights at different venues as desired in an attempt to qualify for a place into the finals. Once a contestant has made the semi-finals at a participating venue, that contestant MAY NOT enter into another preliminary event.
11. Contestants, their family or associates are not allowed to have contact with a contest judge before or during any contest connected with THE 406 VOICE. Contact includes verbal conversations and handshakes. Badges will be provided to judges to prevent contestants from approaching judges. This rule applies only before and during the time the contestants are performing. It is not reasonable to expect contestants, their family, or their associates from having contact with a judge directly after all contestants have performed. Brakes for judges during a contest shall be considered the same at time during a contestant performance, and judges are off-limits for conversation or any other contact.
12. Contestants, their family or Associates who exhibit offensive behavior during any portion of the contest, will disqualify that contestant from further competition. Offensive Behavior includes poor sportsmanship, bad Manners, and lack of decorum. If the contestant, their family or Associates exhibit defensive Behavior after the contest has completed and such behavior in the hosts establishment, even after the winners are announced, that contestants score will be nullified. If the contestant who score has been notified is a winning contestant the next contestant in the scoring position shall be the winner.
13. The order in which each contestant competes shall be determined by random drawing. at the qualifying and finals 12 contestants will be scored using a 50 point system: Vocal ability(rhythm, pitch, phrasing) 1-20 points Stage presence(movement, confidence, command) 1-10 points Appearance(costume,attire) 1-10 points Audience reaction 1-10 points
14. Decisions of the judges are final. No arguing with the judge's is allowed. Any contestant, their family or Associates who argue with a judge or may be deemed to be using offensive behavior may cause the contestant to be disqualified from the competition.
15. Clubs / venues shall Post in a conspicuous place the final scores of all the contestants of a qualifying competition. All contestants during the qualifying portion of the contest are entitled to know their individual score only.
16. Complaints may be directed in a dignified manner to the contest host. If the host is unable to satisfy the complaint, the host will furnish the person with complaint, the proper address to lodge a formal complaint. Should the complaint need immediate assistance, such as possible disqualification of a contestant, the host will furnish the proper telephone number to lodge a complaint.
17. Any person who judges a THE 406 VOICE contest at any level of the contest, is deemed ineligible to participate as a contestant for that year.
18. No KJ/KJ Assistant/Club Owner/Venue Owner/Venue Lessee/ their family, or any other individual connected directly with THE 406 VOICE contest may enter at any venue.
19. FAMILY is defined as: specific group of people that may be made up of partners, children, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents.
20. Contest venues:
Tuesday: Scoreboard PubCasino -Kalispell
Wednesday: Rainbow Bar and Casino -Kalispell
Thursday: VFW Bar & Grill -Whitefish
Friday: Vaqueros -Columbia Falls
Saturday: Spinnaker Bar & Grill -Lakeside
These rules may be changed or modified at any time by THE 406 VOICE owners only.